Depression/Mental Health Forum

random waves of intense pleasure?

i come to you with something of a curious case. since doing ecstasy in what i believe was february for the first time, i have had spontaneous bouts of extreme pleasure, varying in intensity, usually about once every two weeks. i'll be walking around with my mind on other things when i suddenly become aware of how excellent it feels to move - for my muscles to contract, and release, contract, and release. as i focus more on this feeling, the waves of goodness slowly rise up my body, covering my thighs, groin, abs, arms, until finally even my head. physically, i feel fantastically amazing; this pleasure is not sexual in nature but rather just a total and complete flood of sensation. the only feeling i can liken it to is being on ecstasy - but it happens when i am completely sober. the empathy and unconditional love for surrounding people isn't there, just the physical jubilation.

what concerns me is that today, while walking in the grocery store, this intense pleasure came, and within five minutes i was almost on the floor, overwhelmed by the sensation, unable to properly function. it was too much. it felt gloriously godly, but it was too much.

so i ask you, what is happening to my brain? is this healthy? it seems good for mental health as it definitely relieved some built-up stress and tension but it i've never heard of such an occurrence in anyone else.
It sounds to me like the accumulation of drug to have been experimenting with is beginning to affect your brain in a way that is no longer in your control.  Although some of what you've described is highly desirable and may be attained by various meditation techniques with or without drugs, the drug effect is now problematic for you.  I strongly suggest that you stop experimenting and give your brain a chance to rest and recover.
Can I have some of what you're smoking?
haha, i wish paxiled.

after thinking about it more i think it could be an mdma flashback - rare and unsubstantiated as they are. even this is strange, though, as i have done mushrooms more than once and never once been victim to a flashback of the experience.
You know, I'm curious what the doctor has to say.  It almost sounds like you're having a spiritual experience such as experienced by Buddhists who don't eat for long periods of time in caves or American Indians involved in guided peyote rituals.  Except you don't have a guide, it's just happening.  Perhaps your experience is just teaching you how to achieve this state.  Traditionally, drugs were used only on rare occasions for spiritual growth; it took us modern types to use them regularly just for kicks.
Drugs can be extremely dangerous.  Please be careful.

J
it's interesting to me that you mention that, paxiled, as the spiritual experience is exactly what i use mushrooms and other psychedelics for - introspection, mental and spiritual growth, and gaining entry into the previously inaccessible parts of my mind, which can be perceived directly in an altered state of consciousness.

in addition, it is only in the past six months or so that i have begun meditating regularly, so like you i wonder if there is a connection between my increasing spirituality and this curious phenomenon. it's an interesting matter.

thank you for your input, by the way, i appreciate your opinion as i have not considered that side of it prior to now.
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area