Depression Community

kind of mixed up;

I have been with you for a while now.  I feel that I am not getting better.  today was a bad day.  I cant seem to pull myself together.  I am quitting medhelp.  I will miss all of my sweet friends,  I just don't feel like talking any more.  im just so tired and don't  want to even think about what I am going through.  thanks for being there for me. good luck to all of you and the best of health.  I don't know what to do.  good luck.
Oh Mandy,  I am so glad that we were able to share together.  It is so hard to lose people that you love.  You were a great treasure to your mother.  And you were a very great daughter to her.  I told my mother again and again, that she must be with me after she died.  I think that she is. You will laugh at the reason why I think that she is.  When I was terribly grief stricken and appealed to my dead grandmother about 20 years ago, I heard an answer that I would not have thought of in a million years and it was so offensive to me, that I thought that it must be from my grandmother.  When I told my mother about it, she said that her mother, my grandmother had always had bad timing.  LOL.  But that convinced me that the dead are with us, although I've never had any sightings or conversations with my mother as a lot of people do, but they don't talk about it.  

The love from the people we love though, stays in our spirits.  I can't find my copy of Kahlil Gibran's, "The Prophet" book.  But it says something like, Look deep into your heart at your sadness, and know that it is really a mirror of the joy that you had previously.  

I also have been on Effexor and had to raise it when my depression got terrible, which cleared it up.  Now I am on its upgraded version, Pristiq.  But I know that I need to take it for the rest of my life.  I feel for you. I know it is very hard.  But I really hope that you can find some more peace in your life.    Sara
Hi I would not leave..I am in my 7 month and I feel some strange emotions too!! I am 56 and have used off and on all my life..I had always walked away from it..I just thought it was a party..Until the opiates and methadone got me..I know here in N Idaho the Weather plays a big part on the Depression..So come back so we can talk..OK????
The forum provides a places to vent, listen to others, learn new things and support others. We can not make you better, only you and your medical support system can do that. It is unrealistic to expect an online support group to fix your problems. That said, they can provide ideas for you to try to make your situation better.
You say that you don't know what to do.  Have you talked to a doctor about your feelings?  You need medical help.  You can turn away from MedHelp, but don't turn away from medical help.  We all wish you the best.
I am new to Medhelp but I know what it feels like to not want to talk when you're not having a good day. If you have the strength the most important thing is contacting your doctor right away to ask for help. Get an appointment as soon as possible. Another really great site is Goodtherapy.org, not only can you read other peoples stories but its a place to find a good therapist. Good Luck.
my doctor is not a good listener.  I tell him my problems and he asks what I think he should do.  I guess he would give me any pills I wanted,  I want to be me and happy again.  it has been a long time,  I lost my dad then I had breast cancer then my hubby died.  my mom kept me going she needed me.  I had to keep going.  after several years.  her alzeimers got worse and I asked her to live with me.  against my family.  they wanted to dump her in a nursing home.  no way.  I loved my mom sooo much the last time we went to the hospital they said they could do no more for her.  I said mom and I are going home.  the new doctor changed her meds to buspar and she was so much better,  but still didn't know who anyone was.  when she died that was the most terrible day of my life I had no one that loved me unconditionally.  I know I will never be well I am 72. thank you.  mandy876