Aa
A
A
A
Close
Depression Community
10.6k Members

17 year old male suffering MDD

Now i haven't been clincally diagnosed with MDD but I'm pretty certain i have it, im always depressed. 24/7. I do not want to be put on anti-depressants with nasty side effects and addiction. Now i am having a hard time wondering if i truly have MDD or if i'm just "another grumpy teen"i do not experience any of the joys of the teenage years, example: I become more depressed on fridays because i know i don't have any plans and it's an extremely lonely feeling. I'm a very negative person, i'm always the overthinker. However the only time i feel true happiness is when smoke one of the best drugs known to mankind, that is cannabis. I smoke weed everyday, i feel as if it is the only drug that takes away my depression, not just when i'm stoned but also for many hours after. People say this is an escape , I say this is medication, and for any other teens reading this! from personal experience marijuana CAN act as an anti-depressant and i would recommend it. However I've token many "legal anti depressants" and they do not work... they make me just want to take more?  But marijuana in my opinion is just a temporary solution and i know it won't completely cure my depression? WHAT can i do to be more positive and happy and no always be negative. OR maybe i m not even depressed? maybe im just always unhappy and it is my personality? Opinions anyone?
1 Responses
Note* I'm not encouraging Marijuana use, Personally I strongly believed it has benefited me in many ways, the problem is i can't always afford my "medication"
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.