A
A
A
Close
Depression Community
10.6k Members
12975971 tn?1428009678

Antidepressants make my depression worse

I've been depressed on and off for over 10 years now.There are times when things are going well in my life and so I feel pretty good but for the most part I'm depressed. I have been on just about every antidepressant there is zoloft,celexa,paxil, my latest one was cymbalta which I was so thrilled when I felt better for the first few weeks! I have not felt that good in a long time! At about week 3 I started feeling weird then I woke up one morning and BAM! Severe  depression. Like a big black cloud over my head. This is the same feeling I've got on all the others the only difference was it actually worked for a few weeks.The only other medication I felt worked was effexor BUT everyone in my family said I was acting strange any hyper almost like bipolar high so I stopped. I want so badly for something to help me. Does anyone know what it means when antidepressants don't work of even make it worse?
0 Responses
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.