Ballencing Life, Lessons from a Service Dog

Who'd a thought my service dog would be the one to show and teach me how to balance life? And make me realize Im lucky in many respects.

In getting him, Ive learned when to put up with what, and for how long, and what things to just tell people to take a hike with that will do me more damage then good in the long run.

About Love, and what Isnt love in others.

Im learning which priorities not to break with.

Ive been down alot of late, learning these lessons and telling a loved one to get out of my life. Im more important than certain things, people, or feelings. The essence of the word Deserve.

Love doesnt equate to Damaging a persons Successes. What ever your own issues may be. as my friend has done to me, in regards to my dog. And other things.

Believing in My Self, and Trusting My Self, Something my ex-husband did a good job of destroying after my head injury.

How to set boundaries, and enforce good behaviors, not just with the dog, but with people also. The WHENS to do things-so timing.

Tactfulness- positive ways to the out comes I want. Manipulation without anger or meanness.

Reasons to See Worth in my Self again.

A Future.

All Because of my Service Dog.

If Your Looking for a Reason in Life, Try Becoming a Puppy Raiser. Im Training my own dog, but these lessons? I wouldnt have expected to learn them from my dog.

Hes been helping me change things about my self and my views, I didnt realize. Im reaching hold of those things Ive Wanted to Be, but always seemed out of reach.

Always Questions, How How BUT HOW?! Everyone had input, but no one had A Book of Answers to life. and they Wont.

Maybe this will be an answer for someone else as well...
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
I've read about service dogs helping people with depression and anxiety and think it's a wonderful idea. I have 4 dogs myself and could not live with out them. Dogs love unconditionally and give you a reason to get up in the morning. I have two of my little Chi's laying on each side of me right now. I'm so glad you have your dog. It's great is'nt it? Remar
I have a therapy dog, the main thing he would do was get me out of talking too long to people & I'd start to get anxious.  He sleeps w/me.  He is getting old now, has catarachs and losing his hair.  I had his mother & watched him being born.  My pdoc wrote a letter saying he was my therapy dog & he has a service dog vest that I can put the documentation in.  I love him to pieces.  My Mom is in longterm care and dying, I take him up to visit & they comfort each other.  They are very essential.
Dogs are wonderful companions!  Their love is un conditional, and always forgiving.  They are very intuitive and when my two know I'm upset or sick, they stay by my side, more than some family members would do.  They can and do teach us so much about ourselves.