Being lonely

Why is it that you can be in a full room of friends and feel lonely
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
If you are suffering from depression, then this is normal.
Hi and welcome to the forum,

That is a little too vague to answer.  Collect your thoughts and feel free to post as much or as little as you want.  You could find alot of support on here.  It is normail for anybody to have moments of depression for a lot of reasons.  There are a few things that can be considered "red flags" but if it just normail depression and it goes away after a day or two, I would say be mindful of it but don't brood on it.  Don't isolate, it's a bad habit to get into.  Also don't go around water or eat after midnight....no wait that was on gremlins....

Either way cheer up and keep coming back here for some support if you need it.

Larry
Sounds like depression to me.  I'm no doctor but was diagnosed with a "sever depression disorder/clinical depression" and "anxiety".  I was going through the same things you describe, regardless of whom I was around.  Family members, friends.... it didn't matter.  I did what I could to have a good time, but mostly it was a show.  (I did a horrible job of hiding it.  Everyone knew.)

I'd suggest talking with your general physician and let him/her know what is going on.  That is the best start to finding your way through this.  It may require some therapy and perhaps a med... but it is so worth it to find some normalcy again.

Good luck.