Hi I've been diagnosed with Clinical Depression and Bipolar II.
The most debilitating symptom has been my debilitating COGNITIVE IMPAIRMENT. When it's bad it really leaves me pretty helpless. Does anyone know of pharmacological treatments that have worked in restoring severe cognitive faculties?
NATURE OF COGNITIVE IMPAIRMENT:
- brain just doesn't seem to be active/engaged at all ... when it's bad, I wonder if I have dementia or am partially brain dead
- feel stuck in the moment; not moving forward in time
- feel like I have the mental activity of a vegetable
• process information
• come up with ideas
• engage in a conversation
• think or plan ahead
• make mental connections
TREATMENTS I'VE TRIED:
Antidepressants, mood stabilizers and atypical anti-psychotics.
• Though most succeeded in treating my mood, none have treated my cognitive impairment.
• They have been miraculous in their ability to restore mental activity, but I've become tolerant to them.
Has anyone successfully treated their cognitive condition pharmacologically? If so please offer treatment advise!