Aa
A
A
A
Close
Depression Community
10.5k Members

Celexa

I've been on many different meds in the past, including Celexa and was just prescribed it again.  The problem is I really hate to start taking it for fear it will eventually stop working.  I am also very overweight and I am concerned about weight gain.  Also, it was prescribed to take in the  morning, but since I do have some anxiety and suffer with sleep apnea I think is I do decide to take it, night time would probably be best.  Any thoughts?
2 Responses
I've been on Celexa for quite sometime, and it continues to work very well.  If it reaches a point where it doesn't, consult with your doctor, I'm sure there is an alternative.  I haven't gained any weight and it's my understanding the weight gain is not a side effect of this drug.  I recently lost 40 lbs.  I would not take this at night without consulting with your doctor first.
I was prescribed Celexa by my GP due to an ongoing health issue causing anxiety and depression.  I was told to take it right before bed.  I'm not confident the med ever worked for me, but I haven't noticed any issues as it relates to taking it at night.  mammo is right, however, you should call your Dr. just to let him/her know you would like to take it a night.  Also, I have not seen weight gain with it either.
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.