Depression Community

Changing diet for mental wellness, has anyone tried this before?

Since diet and exercise all play a role in wellness i have been attempting to try an all raw diet. I have read about people's physical illnesses improving when they changed their diet and i'd assume that a change in diet would affect the brain as well.  I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried a change in diet to help with their mental wellness. If so, what were the affects?
I am currently off my medication for bipolar-Abilify, with the permission of my doctor.I am doing a diet and exercise routine to help with my mood.It's been helping so far.I run about 3 times a week and keep track of my sugar intake. I do notice when i eat too much sugar I feel kind of depressed later on in the day.