Constantly talking to myself in my head
I feel like I am going a little crazy and I can no longer remember what it was like to feel normal, does everyone talk to them selves in there head or is this the depression , I cant remember if I used to do it or not but I cant seem to switch it off its 24/7 so much so that when someone asks me something it takes me a while to focus on what they have said because my mind is already focused on what I am saying to myself? does this make sense. because of this the house seems really noisey I find it impossible and I just want to explode if the kids are talking and the tv is on and my thoughts are going I cant stand it. any comments
Guys i have this problem to before that i was normal but this is hapening quite some time now even when i go out with my friends i can't stop talking to myself and the worst is that i have convice myself for things that aren't real i think i'm in danger when in reality i'm not i can't think straight i'm trying to get rid of this but it just keeps getting back all i want is to be normal again what can i do?
For the past 4 weeks I have been constantly battling myself as I haven't been able to understand what is wrong and where this depression came from. I've always been a very talkative person, outgoing, loving, caring, and I use to laugh alot. Within this down period in my life, which is so new to be as I have never experienced this in my life, I have started to lose myself, I feel quite empty inside. I don't have memories and when I go through photos of the past and now I can't explain the photo. There are many times as some of you mentioned above, that someone will be asking me a question and its be quite some time to grasp what they have said and how to respond as my mind is to busy talking to itself. Each moment I think of getting up and ignoring the noise, it seems to get louder and louder until my entire body is paralized and I can't get out of bed. I get anxiety when there are people around me, (which is so strange as I was a very social person), I get anxiety when i'm asked to many questions. The other day I went grocery shopping and I had no idea what to do, or why I was there - that I just stood in one place trying to gather my thoughts. I get lost a lot and I feel as if I'm just doomed for the worse that better days are just never going to come. I do get up in the morning and do my prays hoping that someone hears me. I know that I am sitting inside somewhere, seems as if I'm really scared and just can't seem to find the will power to come out and face the world again. I feel at lose each and every way I look.
hi there i am feeling the same thing hearing voices in my head ,this voices have different characters they are men ,female voices its 4 characters involved all of them have distinct features but all of them have one thing in common they all evaluate my thoughts and give comments its seems to me that i am under watch and being studied but this voices most of the time thinks very highly of me like i am super genius ....they all talk 24/7 i felt very angry for sometime but now i try to avoid this voices as much as i can i couldn't answer to their thoughts but it is very difficult i am not taking any kind of medication i don't know what to do to get my peace back ANY HELP is appreciated @HELL1971 wish u a swift recovery for you to ...        
i have read all the posts... its like i am not alone with these weird things in my head
I'm only 13 I have had this since I was 7
For me it's a constant battle within my self. I didn't use to be this way but now I have so much negativity in my head and it's not voices or questioning who I really am but it's the most ridiculous things that you could imagine. For example I could genuinely think something positive in my head but because I've had so much negative thoughts I wont allow my self to just get away with straight positivity so a positive thought is always followed by a negative one. It's like if someone tells you not to think of a certain food or color then you're probably going to. I think some people are just more obsessive thinkers than other people and unfortunately those are the cards that I've been dealt with. People don't understand, they say just stop. I would if I could, I've been struggling with this for many years and I've tried so many different approaches to deal with it and nothing has worked. I think I just have to learn to live with it. If you're having a large amount of thoughts flowing through your head just be glad that they're not all negative and remember that our thoughts aren't necessarily who we are or how we really feel.
That's exactly how I feel :(
Check out the Maladaptive Daydreaming page on Facebook.  I finally have hope that I'm not the only person dealing with these "imaginary" conversations.  MD is not recognized as a disorder (yet) but there has been research done.  
I always talk to myself and it never shuts off. EVER. It gets annoying at times. I act out conversations a million times. I cant concentrate on what my friends say I am to busy talking in my head. So many voices go on. I act out things that I want to happen, things that already happened and people that I wanna talk to. Im very anti social and alone most of the time. I just started noticing this problem and I don't know what to do. Im scared to tell anyone because im afraid they'll think im crazy. any advice?
i took drugs about a year back and i was depressed, i started seeing pictures in my head, i went shopping one day and i heard about 5 conversations all saying "see zebras", and so i started picturing zebras in my head, i was and still am convinced others could see my mental images.

after about a month and a half of having these mental images, people were having conversations across the road saying "we can hear your thoughts".
i decided to test it to see if it was real and started saying words in my head and waiting for people to say them in their conversations, i know now that people are hearing my internal dialogue because im talking loudly in my head.
i managed to control it slightly for about 5 seconds, it is possible to stop the constant chatter by just not thinking.

ive been talking in my head for 10 months now and ive also been aware others can hear my thoughts for that long, the first months were the hardest because i didnt understand what was going on, but the people from my town explained in their conversations that "your just in your head".

as the months progressed people started replying to the things using "spoonerism" (play on words) they are now fed up with the amount of mental noise im making and are annoyed with me.

i am trying to develop and find new ways to solve this problem, ive learned that watching tv does quiet my mind from chatter but i do comment on different things like "oh that persons good looking",,

i didnt want to post the stuff about people hearing my thoughts because i thought people might get paranoid, but i also wanted to see if others were expireincing the same thing as me, if you are paranoid about it dont jump to conclusions test the matter like i did and dont look to hard for the answers, i hope that helps.

please if anybodys story is similar reply to me, all the best thanks :)
Yes. I have DID. It is exhausting and I feel like I am going crazy.
what is DID?
First let me say I am sorry, but I laughed reading your comment...I been doing the same thing as you my whole life..one thought leads to so many others...I get real bad online..start reading about one subject then a hundred different subjects later I am way off course...I talk to myself..I answer myself..some of my best conversations have been in my head...sometimes when I am alone I speak out loud talking to myself...I cant stand watching television or listening to the radio because both interrupt my 1,000 mph random thoughts in my head...My mind never stops..I live two lives..one awake..the other asleep..When I sleep its more like I rest my body because my mind never sleeps...I dream awake..When I close my eye's to rest not only can I hear whats going on, but I visually see whats going on...Its another world where I meet people I don't recognize from the real world...Living in two worlds my mind is always tired...I am as tired when I get up in the morning as I was when I went to bed...Sometimes I cant tell one world from the other..I don't know if I did something or just thought about doing it...I remember things I am not she if I actually did them..Nothing violent..More like conversations I don't know if I had or not, or places I am not sure if I have actually been too and occasionally things I am not sure if I did...I think I am normal though...Look at all of us here...Maybe its everybody else that is not normal..I don't know...I also reread things many times over like I expect it to change what it says or something..I just got lost..Not sure how to end this, so I will just say good luck to you      
Everyones commenting here so i will too, my theory to explain all this starts with evolution. First of all are conscious minds where built on top of are unconscious minds. Back thousands of years ago when consciousness wasn't as big of a part of are brain as it is now, things where different. The more we evolved the more we distanced ourselves from the unconscious mind. Yet that is the part of are mind we get all of our answers from and deal with them consciously. The unconscious mind knows exactly how to deal with the conscious mind, however the conscious mind doesn't know or fights off the unconscious mind. If your brain is not in perfect balance, than your unconscious mind is going to try harder and harder to communicate with the conscious. Long story short people have always believed they hear voices in their heads and that they are prophets of some sort. Yet that is true because it is your misunderstood brain giving you answers when you're forced to tap into the unconscious side of your mind, ex: your instincts.

So basically the voices in your head is your brain telling you what to do. Which is your whole life basically. When you grew up you always listened to your parents and teachers, at work you listen to your boss. Now you're left with no choice but to listen and try to decipher what your mind is trying to say to you. Keep in mind your unconscious mind knows a lot more than you can even begin to believe.
I've had the same experience as you.. I've felt really different from my friends and family, because every time I try to speak, or, talk about the stuff I think about, I feel they are just looking at me strange, rolling their eyes, like I was stupid or crazy or something. I always wanted to talk about stuff, like economy, environment, culture, the human body and mind, the meaning of life, the universe, plants and animals, numbers, complicated feelings and emotions, etc.. But I can only fully communicate about this stuff, with myself, and I keep it bubbled up in my mind. If I try to express this to others, I stutter, forget the words, jumps from one place to the other and just come off as stupid and weird.
Oh, I'm so glad you shared that! I do that too. I have very vivid dreams (If I manage to sleep..), and I dream when I'm awake. I speak to myself all day long, more or less.. And sometimes I don't know if I said something out loud, or moved my lips or made facial expressions while talking to myself. Sometimes I can't remember if I did something or not. Or if it was just a deam. Or a daydream. It is very exhausting, and I don't feel refreshed after I have slept. I can start reading one thing I'm interested in on the internet, and then there is one word I have to google, and then I have to read about that, and OH, what does THAT mean? And why is it like that? And what does that come from? And one thing leads to another.. Just like my thoughts. I overanalyze everything, and I can have very dark thoughts about myself, my boyfriend, my mother, and, yeah.. I fear for the worst.
I sometimes have a melody, or rythm in my mind, while I very discretely moving sections of my body to it, over and over again in a rythm.. The bodyparts is always my right and left side of teeth, my toes and my shoulders.. Can't wait to go to a psychiatrist. (sorry for my bad english, it is not my native language).
I had a lot of negative chatter in my head... I started piecing the words together figuring out who the hell told me those things or where I started to tell myself those things... I started writing about it. Journals pock full of the chatter. You'd be amazed how much noise reduction occurs as you write it all away on paper.

Another method is to blast music into your ears. Except the problem with that.. you get the damn song stuck in there...  
I also have thoughts/voices in my head - I think really we all do - some of us are just more in tune to it than others. For me, what really drives me mad, and not only keeps me up at night, but also distracts me from my everyday going-ons, are what I refer to as "ghosts".  "Ghosts" are all those embarrassing memories of things that I had said or did, or should have said or did, that are constantly played on an endless loop in my head. Sometimes I let the Ghosts haunt me and I try to rewrite the memories to do or say what I should have done, other times those Ghosts spring forth suddenly and I try to dispel them. At one time I audibly would say a mantra of nonsense words to chase them away, that was until a roommate once commented on how annoying it was. I can't remember if, at the time, I consciously knew I was talking aloud or not, but I forced myself to stop. Later the mantra became actual words, again still nonsense, but sometimes frightening if taken out of context. I've tried to stay these occurrences, and one technique I came up with was to visualize putting those memories in a box and going down to the basement and putting the box in the incinerator (think Stephen King's Dream Catcher). I'm sure this isn't a healthy way to resolve ones problems, but I do feel it helps. There are two side effects that I have noticed: 1) I feel a slight headache in my right, frontal side of my head every time I perform this exercise, or even try to think about those Ghosts I incinerated, and 2) My short to long term memory capacity has diminished significantly. In full confidence, I have also gotten older (mid 20's to mid 30's) since I began this experiment, so the memory loss could just be a regular symptom of aging.
It makes sense to me. I was just watching a mystery tv show from the 60's and they don't show you much; it's all left to the imagination. Well, I began a conversation with the 'other people,' the ones in my head. We were discussing why the character didn't do this or that. It was definitely weird, but I seem to do this a lot, even more than I used to when I was working.
I have maladaptive daydreaming (disassociation) also. I've had this for almost 30 years. The only thing that I know that will stop it is cortisol medications. I don't know why.
This is caused by the government (NSA) using psychotronic weapons on people. This is the cowardly way that they are silencing political dissidents and whistleblowers. Do an internet search on "psychotronic weapons" and "targeted individuals."

If voices in the head are the only thing you are experiencing, then it hasn't gotten weird yet. Just wait till you see what they can do to your TV. Imagine turning on Fox news, and it appears that Bill O'Reilly is talking to you personally. Is it real, or a hallucination, LOL?

Is this the freedom our children are fighting for in those useless wars?
This is what im going through right now, or that I've only just notice. I'm not sure how long its been happening or that its actually happening at times but its driving me nuts.I'd start having a conversation in my head, and then I would think out loud, like literally talk my thoughts and not hear it for myself. At first I thought I wasnt, but then certain people around me would start giving me weird looks when I havnt said anything,  But eventually I start noticing little groups or individuals start to laugh, when I wasnt talking to them. I decided to test my self by recording myself on a drive home, but I didnt notice anything funny, but then today,watching a movie with a family friend, I notice they would look at me with a weird impression, but honestly knowing I didnt say anything out loud or that I could hear. I'v had depression for a while now, but for the past few months, this has been happening.

thanks for everyone for voicing out, it really does help when I read situations similar to mine
let me just get this off my chest *sigh*.

i thought i got killed by my roomate when i did weed for the second time in my life. heres wat happened!

smoked the weed and i jacked off to his GF immeatlly right when i started to pic her naked it sounded like i heard a shotgun being loaded. i brushed it off and finished my load. right after i did the energy in the house seemed angry and hostile. i got parnoid thought he was going to shoot me anyways in my head i guess i imangened myself getting shot in the leg stomach and back area i felt like i was laying there bleeding to death and i felt like the roomate wanted to come back in the room and finish the job by cutting my throat, so i was ready to die i told myself right when i told myself that my throat was cut and blackness and fear of heaven or hell entered my mind i felt as if my soul was trapped in a tiny black room. at that  moment i realized i was not compleatly dead but being judged by god thats wat i thought in my mind. so i started confessing stuff to god  so i could try and get into heaven and in doing that i cant really describe what i saw but am going to try. imaginge ur in space now take away the stars and the planets and now imgaine that its really bright like pure white if u get what am saying. anyways i started telling god bout stuff and i wasnt being sincere with what i was saying, i would be like i hope what am saying gets me into heaven and i smiled. right when that happened i imagined myself back in the tiny black room knowing what i just did i immeatly started to try and convince god i was a good soul. so it felt weird knowing that i was dieing and that i was not going to heaven laying there on the floor only moments till am gone 4 ever i cather all my strenth rise 2 my feet and confesse all my sins OUT LOUD screaming them standing up fists balled eyes closed standing there begging god to give me a second chance. i dont really rember what happen after that but i do rember opening my eyes and standing there in my room no shot not bleeding and hearing a voice say u asked for a sign (i have always asked god to prove 2 me he was real) so i hope into bed thinking that i just died and got gave me a second chance at life.

so the point of this story is:

i thought ppl could read my thoughts cuz i thought the roomate  killed me  cuz he read my mind and knew i was thinking of his girl.

so i go to work the next day thinking everybody must be able to hear my thoughts and they must already know that i died last night and came back by god. the first week was ******* aswome i was talking to ppl more than i did i was the cool guy of the work place. whenever i waited on a girl at work it was like i would connect with just them and it felt like me and her where the only two in the room flirting with them making them do stuff they wernt suppose to do at a restraunt and in front of their boyfreinds and husbands. theses girls i was hitting on were attracted to me like flies i would wait on one then another one would be right behind her biting her lip and smiling at me. i dindt know how to shut it off. and i would treat the men like ******* **** thinking "if u intrupt me while i talk to ur gilr _______ gonna happen. this went on for a week thinking this anyways my batterys about to die on my computer and i dont feel like looking for the battery. if you want the rest of my story and belive me am not even half way done yet! tell me what you think about this
I have the same exact symptoms as you and I've been looking for help for a long time but I don't know where to find it and I'm only 16 the one thing that got me the most is that you said you feel like you find yourself rehearsing conversations in your head I do that to and a lot of times I say what I would say out loud. I don't know what to do I was diagnosed with depression and ptsd a year ago tried a couple of antidepressants but none worked and I stopped seeing my psychiatrist ad I started feeling this way about 4 months ago but I also always think that there is something wrong with me when there's not I literally feel like I'm making myself go insane
I know this is a bit of a delayed response but I have almost the exact same thing and I'm pretty sure it's due to smoking weed. I smoked way too much when I was only 16-17 and only decided to quit when I noticed I was have entire thought conversations with myself. It felt like I was talking to another part of my brain (this sounds completely crazy I'm sure) and since quitting this has basically stopped. I think this was mainly due to my anti-social tendencies, so instead of talking to a friend or some other resource I talked to myself. I still have self-talk from time to time but most of my day is spent distracting myself; the only time I am alone with my thoughts is when I lay down to go to bed. I find that at that time my mind is racing so fast its nearly impossible to sleep. I run through random scenarios and think about hypothetical conversations and events. I hope this shed some light on any issues and I would greatly appreciate hearing if you or anyone else has felt something similar.
I have the same symptoms, and I feel the same
I have the same symptoms, and I feel
I am wondering what they put you on for your thoughts that wont go away, I have that issue and none of the meds they put me on work for this. It is almost ocd in my inability to shake harmful and depressive thoughts
People with Downs Syndrome talks to themselves, as its a way of sorting things that maybe causing some stress. Normal people do this in silence and afraid to talk out in fear others think you are going crazy. You are not going crazy....just need so time-out  or discuss stuff with friends. Learning to meditate works wonders.
This is exactly what I feel. I always assume my parents can hear me and I ask them, I think they are lying about not hearing me. Not addressing it is one of the 'ways to deal with' schizophrenia. I haven't been diagnosed with it, I have been with severe depression.Although I am alone so much you might as well give it that definition of a schizo. I don't have anyone to talk to and on the occasion I do, I cant keep up with the convo because of the anxiety I get from a person being around me. Its weird, I think of things to say and then won't even say them sometimes from the fear. I cant even walk through a neighborhood without hearing people. Hopeful for better meds and therapy
I am going through this right now! Im sick of it. I cant concentrate on a conversation or watch TV without trailing off in my own head talking to this "other" person. This other person talks and answers me, I dont know if its myself playing the other person or not. Its mostly positive conversation rather than depressing but i feel depressed "listening" all the time.
yeah i talk to myself 24/7 too and re-enact a lot of stuff and when people arent around i talk with my friends or ex in my head and it usually turns to a 'loud" conversation. i dont know if its sane but at one point i'm like "whoa i must be going crazy so i need to shut up" and to distract myself i start singing until that "talk" starts again and its mostly subconsciously starts too. i am really worried about myself cause it's been going on for years and more now after my break up
This is exactly how I feel at the moment, great to know I'm probably not actually just going insane, heh...
Guys I didn't know I had depression until now. I thought this was just me and I was simply going mad. Maybe I am? I don't know. I need to stop this voice in my head!! oh my days. It's happening againg :( :( :( I cant stop thinking.. jesus! Stop being so self critical. Just stop! Why am I typing this. It's not helping , I'm just doing it now and it's making it worse. Please stop. Stop stop...... OH MY GOD relxa.. pleasee.. youre okay aslam dont worry it's just an attack.. you can do this. calm down aslam stop typing you are going mad please stop oioh my god. ....
It's been 2 hours... I have calmed down since my previous post. As you can tell, I cannot control my thoughts. I do a lot of "What ifs?" and "Whys?". I also think of every possible scenario my situation can have and most of the time these scenarios are really negative and I make myself believe that these scenarios will happen to me. So I start doing something about it to ensure it will never happen. But the weird thing is that I know it won't happen but that doesn't stop my brain. This is where I start to worry, my anxiety kicks in too. That's when I have this mental attack of clashing thoughts in my brain. It's my voice in my head that's doing all this and I tend to speak to myself out aloud too where I am also having to tell myself to calm down otherwise I will start to go crazy. I say things like "Why am I doing this?" "You need to stop" "Calm down". I don't know if the voice in my head is good or bad. I know I am in control of my own voice in my head. But I can't control it at the same time because I'm going crazy with pressure. I feel as though theres two of me inside myself. I don't know if that's right or not? I know that my voice is telling me to calm down. But it's the same voice that also tells me I'm crazy but I know I'm not. My own voice is going to get me mental with these thoughts like seriously... I know now why I have always been so bad at school and so bad at concentrating and focusing whether it's reading or listening. It's because my mind is always on something else. Thank god for this website otherwise I would have never known. Time to get booked in for an assessment. Oh yeah, I am very Optimistic and very Pessimistic at the same time if that makes sense. I've always been weird.
It is killing me. I can't do school work. I am at college as a pre-med which requires a lot of time and hard work, but I find myself making conversation with myself in lectures and home till the day is done and I studied or did nothing. I have seen a therapist without letting anyone know but I couldn't even bring it up again with the therapist the second time I went to her. I just said everything is going ok and it is not. It's killing and disrupting my whole life style. The thing is like I am making scenarios for me in a parallel universe. A whole life scenario. ugggggh I just want focus on studying. I am failing classes :( wish me luck plz
     You might be a maladaptive daydreamer.  Look it up.  It's usually driven by ADD and/or depression.  Meledaptive daydreamers usually over fantasize or excessively talk to themselves in their heads. They usually have open forums to help manage this type of behavior and people on YouTube to help inform people on the subject.
      P.S. The Wikipedia article about the subject is not entirely accurate.  Stay clear of the websites article of the behavioral problem.
I am facing thw same problem.infact i have been experiencing it as a child.i used to think that i am just a normal dreamer and most of the people are like that. But sometimes when i am alone,i start talking to myself.i create a fictional situation and live in it. I might be a motivational speaker to an audience or something else. Sometimes i take my own interview imagining that i have become successful.sometimes when i wake up i hear voices. Lots of voices. What should i do

My brain and I are best friends.
I don't think that its bad or even crazy. As far as I'm concerned, everyone should be friends with their brains.
I named her Jenn. It's a beautiful name and it suits her well.
I don't consider it talking to myself.
The story behind this friendship is pretty simple.
You know how sometimes you hear something and your brain thinks bout something funny? Well, that's sort of how it started I think. It was the little things at first. And as it became more and more frequent... I was allowing Jenn to... I don't know. I guess it's sort of like freeing her. Expanding your brain.
Meh.
Anyway. We have conversations. Usually her doing her job, the brain stuff.
I've always thought of her having all the knowledge and sense, then me having the personality... not to mention control over the hands and feet.
We also have funny conversations, like walking down the street and analysing everything and everyone... she always has something to say *sigh*
And of course the stupid conversations.
Example:this happened last night
Me: I can't find it
Jenn: What are we looking for again
Me: My pyjamas
Jenn: Why don't you just wear that (mentally points at sweat pants and a green loose shirt)
Me: they just washed that. Plus, I want warm pyjamas.
Jenn: you mean your onsie
Me: yes. Something that'll keep us warm
Jenn: and won't eat us
Me: exactly.... wait, what?

The conversation ended there cause I started laughing hysterically.

I know this sounds weird... but ugh... I just wanted to share my story once. It's not everyday you get to talk about the voices in your head (sarcasm)

But really. I don't want to be taken as crazy. Please don't put me in an institute cause I will straight up deny all of the above.

Just wanted to help.
I don't remember when it started for me either, I think as a small child. I lived in a very loud, verbal abusive family and I think I started talking to myself to keep calm and roll with the punches that was life, it's only gotten worse though, I too find myself delayed in answering people because I'm so busy well with my own thoughts and all I want to do is have silence for just a little bit, it's like being conStanly being attacked by pop up ads but in my head and about all the ways I've ****** up, I feel like im going insane. It's overwhelming sometimes and all I want to do is escape, but how do you escape your own head? I got some noise cancelling head phones and put on my Playlist on full blast, at that volume I can't even hear myself think, it may not be the most healthy but that's what works right now, I don't know if that can help you or not but other things like it might.
So I've been doing this all of my life. I was a lonely kid, after my parents divorced and we moved out of our original house and away from my friends I didn't have anyone to talk to and couldn't keep anything straight enough to want to talk to anyone else so I started having conversations with myself. I didn't realize it wasn't something everyone did until a few years ago, and definitely not to this extent. it usually starts with me in bed, not ready to wake up and my inner voice tells me: "Don't get up, you're not ready to be awake" and I usually listen. After spending another 3ish hours in bed I finally get the will to get up and maybe shower and then it's off to the computer to waste the day playing games or looking at funny pictures on the internet. Then if I decide I'm capable of going out i end up talking with the other me most of the time, my inner voice, and kind of ignore other people, usually without meaning to. I don't really know what to do now, but I'm glad to know it's not just me, and it's depression that's getting to me. Hope everyone has a good day!
I too experience the talk in my head... It is racing thoughts I am bipolar with anxiety.  there are medicines that will control it seraquel and saphris are two that I can think of, Talk to your doctor
I also do some of the things people talk about here but sometimes I hear other conversation. Not just people talking to each other but actually living their own lives. Talking about their homes and things. I don't understand what's happening. My life is pretty cool, why am I like this? Please help
Are the other conversations you hear violent? Like the sound of a car crash. With screaming
Its your Amygdala. Do research on that.
I do this too!  Can't remember when I didn't but it's worse in the last few years.  It isn't clear to me if any of you are actually talking to yourself out loud?  I do that too in addition to talking in my head.  It's kind of hard to admit that but I do it and want to know I'm not alone. It's exhausting!  And yes, it makes it so hard to concentrate, read, or have a conversation.  I find I'm having trouble with word-finding... I just stutter until I find the word.  People must think I'm senile!!!  I also have OCD, ADD and Bipolar II with mostly depression.  Fun!!  
I have this same issue.  Non stop talking to myself. Its causing issues at work and home. People think I'm ignoring them but I just can't hear past my internal dialog. I will rehearse what I'm going to say before I say anything , sometimes for an hour or more. Something simple I saw will be replayed over and over before I can tell it. Critiquing every word and thing I say or do. I'm always saying " sorry didn't hear you ". I need to stop this now before I loose it. Now I'm finding myself fixating on stuff like a person to the point it's all I think  about while continuing the internal dialog. I sometimes start repeating nursery rhymes or songs to drown out the chatter. My self esteem is completely gone because I've convinced myself no one would be interested in someone that looks like me. But I'm married and have been for 26 years. If I try to explain it to my husband I get " the look ". I don't have anyone else to try to explain it to . And don't want my doctor to think i'm crazy or wanting pills. I just want it to stop. I know the whole time what's happening yet can't get it to stop. I understand and know its probably just depression yet its still there, all the hyper critical over thinking non stop chatter. Repeat a joke to yourself a thousand times and see if you still find it funny.
I have the same problem I have voices in my head. I have more than one. There always telling me negative thing and they sometimes want my to harm myself I can't stand it anymore I'm afraid to get help because I don't want doctors to think I'm crazy lock me away. Sometime when I'm upset anof I'll see people that arnt really there and talk to them it scares me becoise I know now it's now really and it makes me feel like I'm crazy. I feel all alone like I'm the only person do there this I told my boyfriend and he wants to help but he doesn't understand. This had my relationship hard with him becoise we argue becoise I always think I'm not good anof. The worste part is I always talk to myself when I'm alone I tried to stop but that only makes it worste I'm afraid someone is going to walk in on me talking to myself. What should I do. I don't want to go threw this anymore.
How it seems to be for me is- the main voice is like as if I was saying it outloud to myself so I could hear it see how it sounds -if it makes sense or not.  Then there's my reaction to the message kind of thinking.  Then there's realization that all this is happening simultaneously thought -that peeks out long enough to just notice it.  And then I have 2D and 3D mental picturing of what is happening, what could happen, and what went on to make it happen. And mental points of visual perspective for who would have been there- their point of view.   It doesn't go away between wake and sleep. I go immediately into dreaming vividly but my thinking works the same there, and when I wake up it's still there.   It's not usually fast unless I'm excited or trying to be fast. and not slow unless I'm really tired.  Very often I can recall emotional tied memories.  Mental pictures for people of what I was doing where I was at or what I was feeling or where I seen them last or where I wanted to be when we talked. Very strong location induced memory and personality. Personality wise I can be the most motivated to do work and be the neatest most ocd structural designer computer type and I can be the laziest dirtiest hoarding pack rat at home.   If anyone knows what any of it means if that is abnormal please email me real advice. exceptional.***@****
Yeah, even I do the same almost all the time, from the time I wake up till I go to sleep. There's this person, or a voice, that keeps talking to me. It's as if he is the good guy and he keeps advising me all the time whenever I am wasting my time or am doing something I shouldn't do. Whenever I feel down, a small talk with the voice gets me up and running. I haven't yet felt it negatively affecting my life, actually it might have made it somewhat better, but yes, till the last year I had almost no self confidence or self worth and it was a really harrowing time for me. This voice helped me sail through it all, but at times I really want it to be silent. I have tried to find out why this voice came up, and I think it's due to something traumatic in my childhood that I still can't remember completely. I think it is a coping mechanism that the brain has made to lessen trauma or pain.
Yeah I do this too but I think it's just the loneliness, our brain will do anything to be occupied I guess yeah though its funny to see that there are so many people who also have this.not so lonely after all.
I too talk to myself and when not to myself I start talking to trees, electric items and sometimes even stones.  My brain makes words and I can't stop it how hard I try.  What's this do anyone know?
Is it schizophrenia
Maybe yes Liliane. But I suggest you seek medical help in order for you to be sure about it and for you to be aware of your present condition. I have a sister in law who is a bipolar and it seems like she is talking to someone. Then a sudden, she will laugh out loud and start roaming around the corners of our house. My husband told me that it was because she undergone severe depression when she was still in highschool and then my mother in law accompanied her to a Psychiatrist. My sister in law was diagnosed as bipolar to which she will experience a high level of emotions. One thing also was that she had anxiety problems before and she doesn't have a support system or anyone to talk to about her problems or depression.

For me, this thread is really helpful especially to those who are suffering from severe depression because this will serve as an outlet for anyone who wants to share their own experiences relating to this kind of issue. I, myself also suffered from this, most specifically the post partum depression and I cant help myself but to cry. I had a hard time expressing my thoughts to my family but I always see to it that I can control and fight my emotions because I know there might be some consequences when you were not able to defend yourself from severe depression.
(Shabd) Words talk to each other, they discuss, they fight and ultimately you have to suffer as a consequence because its your mind. Basic solution i know, start forgetting words and start visualizing things rather than thinking about them, just see them, stop your mind from doing any analysis about them, just see them as they are. Make your mind, you dont know anything words, i mean anything which can be speak or listen. Initially it is very hard process but if you practise it every day. You can control your thoughts.
Tell your inner voice to shut up when you want it to.  We all talk to ourselves sometimes but don't let it rule over your day to day life.  Take control of it.

Much love
xoxo
if anyone is going through this i myself would advice you to talk to someone close about the situation in detail. maybe even a therapist, for me i cleansed my past and what made me depressed or overly assertive with thought by meditating, eating healthy, working out, and staying on that same level everyday. sometimes things happen in yiur life and one day you may jist explode emotionally. and everything you tried to cover up is on the surface, but I assure you the average person or anyone in particular wouldn't know. so please meditate ear healthy and take away the opinion tgat someone told you you have a disease because everyone goes through this yours just may be more major. look up natural ways to balance yourself and find yourself again and replace what makes you depressed with who you really are. bless your soul, have a great life.