Cymbalta not working? worse than before

My husband has been on Cymbalta over 2 years.  Prior to that, he was on Lexapro for 2 years, and it just quit working.  He seems to be more depressed than ever before and his attitude is very poor, with him being easily aggravated and tempermental.  He is normally a very calm person.  He is extremely tired, always sleeping after work.  He doesn't want to leave his room, although he recognizes this is his depression acting up.  I don't know what to do for him... but it seems maybe change meds?  I am very concerned about the side effects of coming off Cymbalta, and on to another drug.
Please advise.
Thanks for any help!  Wendy
I understand your concerns but sometimes this is part of the process.  I usually have to have my meds adjusted twice a year in order to keep the depression away.  I have had to change anti-depressants as well several times.