Depression Community

Depression and physical symptoms

Can depression cause physical symptoms like nausea, vomiting, and fatigue? I am starting a new job as a security guard in a hospital and it will be the second job I have had where I have to deal with the public directly. I have been basically bed ridden with extreme nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and fatigue for a week up until I start which is tomorrow. I went to the doctor in the middle of the week thinking it was a virus or food poisoning and she gave me some medicine that knocks me out and lessens the nausea but as soon as a wake up it is full force all over again. She thought it was a virus but I am still suffering and I don't want to go to the hospital because I can't afford it until my new benefits kick in. I should also mention I was using alcohol to help treat my depression but I didn't drink every day but I was a binge drinker. Usually I would drink on the weekends and one a day week.

alchohal worsens depression so you need to lay off the booze. cut out caffiene and sugar as well as they also aggrravate depreesion . could it be you are nervous about your nes job? get some pepto and immodium and if it continues after that then you need to see a psychiatrist benefits or no. good luck to you.
love Venora