A
A
A
Close
Depression Community
10.5k Members
351317 tn?1204755471

Depression and physical symptoms

Can depression cause physical symptoms like nausea, vomiting, and fatigue? I am starting a new job as a security guard in a hospital and it will be the second job I have had where I have to deal with the public directly. I have been basically bed ridden with extreme nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and fatigue for a week up until I start which is tomorrow. I went to the doctor in the middle of the week thinking it was a virus or food poisoning and she gave me some medicine that knocks me out and lessens the nausea but as soon as a wake up it is full force all over again. She thought it was a virus but I am still suffering and I don't want to go to the hospital because I can't afford it until my new benefits kick in. I should also mention I was using alcohol to help treat my depression but I didn't drink every day but I was a binge drinker. Usually I would drink on the weekends and one a day week.

1 Responses
212753 tn?1275076711
alchohal worsens depression so you need to lay off the booze. cut out caffiene and sugar as well as they also aggrravate depreesion . could it be you are nervous about your nes job? get some pepto and immodium and if it continues after that then you need to see a psychiatrist benefits or no. good luck to you.
love Venora
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.