Depression Community

Depression/tiredness

Dear Psychiatrist,

I have been medication on 6 years now from the Mental Wellness Institution and only still feeling sligtly better,feeling weak,listness and tired still most of the time.I asked the doctor there whether I should seek an alternative treatment,like going to see an neurologist for further treatment,but they always say that the solution lies in taking these medicine from the Institution.I have practically exhausted all the medications(Prozac,Flufoxamine,Lexapro,Tricyclics) but they all work the same.I am sick and frustrated,Can you please enlighten me on this issue?
Hello there, I think you should know that this site is for people with depression.  This is a support group.  There are no doctors on this site, only people like you who need friends to talk to who understand.
As you will probably know that an antidepressant takes a few months before it has any effect.

It is a bit of a trial and error to find one that suits you.

As well as taking the medication, which doesn't seem to be working too well for you at the moment, you may benefit from CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) counselling.  

I don't know which country you live in, whether your doctor could refer you to counselling.

Antidepressants can help, but you also need help in the way you think about things and also go outside for walks or do some form of sport and interaction with other people.

I know that when you feel depressed that you want to lock yourself away from the world, but that just makes things much worse.

Make sure that you eat a healthy and balanced diet with fresh fruit and veg and also drink at least 2-3 pints of water each day or more if you are sweating or working out.

It is easy to neglect oneself and not eat properly when feeling and suffering from depression.

Best wishes.