Aa
A
A
A
Close
Depression Community
10.5k Members

Depression

Im 13, Im already depressed about family passing/stress.
Nothing seems to help not even the medication.
What do i do to take away the pain?
1 Responses
You need to get into therapy to help you deal with this.  You will learn to view things in a healthier way and how not to stress so much.  You're so young, and I know that a lot makes no sense to you, but you need to be strong for yourself and all you love, and all who love you. Since your medication isn't working let your doctor know this, although I feel therapy would be very beneficial.  It's difficult to lose loved ones, but you have to mourn their loss and keep going.  We hear from a lot of teens so know you're not alone.  Try to learn what is worth stressing over. All you can do is your best,  change what you can, and accept what you can't.  This isn't always easy, but it can be done.  Prioritize things in your life so you don't get over-whelmed with it all. Time helps with the pain, and your loved ones live on in you!  Think of the good times and let this carry you thru.  I know it's hard, and for now you need to cry, be angry, sad, whatever you feel let it out.  This is important in you being able to move forward.  You can even journal your feelings, putting these down on paper is very therapeutic.  Write down what you remember about the ones you've lost and someday you can share this with your own family as to what wonderful people they were. You don't say what type of stress you're dealing with, try to learn what matters and what doesn't.  Learn now, that worrying changes nothing, it's just acts as an anchor in holding us back from achieving our happiness.  Call your doctor about your medication not working and ask about therapy.  It will get better.  Big hugs to you and take care.
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.