Depression Community

Depression

Help! I stopped taking Lexapro about a month and a 1/2 ago and now I am a mess! I started taking something called Relagen in hopes that it would help, but it did not. I am thinking of ordering something called Serenity. Has anyone heard of it? I need help because my doctor wants me to go back on antidepressants.
I'm sorry, I don't know anything about Serenity except that it sounds like a friendly type of drug.
Serenity as a brand name, OTC lithium sodium supplement in its natural form (natural as opposed to pharmacuetically refined).  

Lithium is tricky even under a doctors watchful care.  
It can be very helpful in some cases to be sure.  
Be very careful dosing yourself with this substance.  It can accumulate in the blood (in fact it must accumulate in order to work properly) but the beneficial level of lithium and the toxic level are usually not far apart, which is why ALL patients on lithium require periodic screening to determine approximate blood levels.  

Please read all the potential side effects associated with lithium and remember that just because it is natural, doesn't make it safe.
Why not try another anti depressant under the supervision of your doctor?  Just because lexapro didn't work, doesn't mean another wont.  Sometimes, you have to try a number of medications before you find the right one.  I wouldn't go prescribing yourself medicine.  It can be potentially harmful.
I went to my doctor today and she put me back on a lower dose of Lexapro, and she gave me a shot of estrogen. I am 47 and she believes that when I stopped taking the Lexapro all of the other perimenopausal symptoms surfaced. We'll see. I have been on many different antidepressants over the past 15 years. Lexapro made me feel great, but I gained about 20 pounds and it affects orgasms. In one month I have lost 10 pounds and can have orgasms, but I am a mess otherwise. I sure hope I get regulated again because life sucks right now!
AT LEAST YOU ARE ORGASMIC, I HAVEN'T HAD THE FEELING IN A LONG TIME.  MEDS AND MEDS AND DEPRESSION, KEEPS ME LOW.  I RE-ENTERED A RELATIONSHIP WITH SOMEONE I'VE KNOWN FOR 4 YEARS AND JUST BROKE IT OFF WITH THEM YESTERDAY.  DECIDED AGAIN IT WAS NOT FOR ME, HE'S STILL PLAYING GAMES AND DOESN'T WANT TO TAKE ME SERIOUSLY. OH YEAH! I AM MARRIED BUT HAD BEEN SEPARATED OVER 3 YEARS, BUT ME AND OUR 3 KIDS HAVE TO MOVE BACK IN WITH (ALMOST) EX-HUBBY DUE TO MY PHYSICAL ILLNESS.  ALSO HE IS A MAJOR CONTRIBUTOR TO MY EXISTING DEPRESSION NOW.  I'M TRYING TO MAKE IT UNTIL I CAN GET BACK TO WORK, WAITING ON RELEASE FROM DOC'S.  HAD HEART ISSUES EARLIER THIS YEAR (RECOVERING).  IM TAKE LAMICTAL TILTRATED TABS AND CLONAZEPAM.  BUT THIS ISN'T MY FIRST TIME AROUND WITH DEPRESSION AND MEDS BEEN ON THEM OFF AND ON SINCE 1998. IM 37 SOON TO BE 38 11/28/06.  BEEN THROUGH ALOT IN MY ALMOST 20 YEAR MARRIAGE, HAVE TO SEARCH LONG AND HARD TO REMEMBER GOOD TIMES WE HAD, YEAH IT HAS BEEN JUST THAT BAD.  HUBBY JUST DIDN'T HAVE GOOD BLUEPRINT WHEN HE MET MEAND I TOOK HIM IN LIKE YOU WOULD TAKE IN A LOST KITTEN OR PUPPY AND HE NEVER LEFT AFTER THAT.  HE JUST GREW ON ME NOW HE PLAGUES ME.  ALL ELSE ASIDE.  IM DEALING AND HOPEFULLY THIS TIME I CAN PULL THRU AND MAYBE HELP SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS DOWN...THANKS FOR LETTING ME SHARE.
Depression isn't always situational. I have had issues with it since I can remember at 2 years old. Weird huh? But as a child I knew something just wasn't right. I didn't go on antidepressants until about 15 years ago (when I was about 32)when I was having anxiety attacks with the depression. I have been married for 27 years. We have had our relationship problems and trials in raising kids, but I truly believe that some people's brains just don't make the right chemicals which causes depression. At times though, situations do make the depression worse. The worst part is not always knowing what really causes and triggers it. I wish I din't have to rely on meds, but I guess I came to that realization with this recent trial and error of trying to do it without. Has anyone had succes in going off meds withour all of the withdrawal side affects?