A
A
A
Close
Depression Community
10.6k Members

Does Cymbalta cause wait gain?

Hey guys,
I recently just went on cymbalta. I am on a diet and have been doing really well on it and am worried that even if i keep doing what i'm doing that the cymbalta will somehow cause me to either stay at my same weight or gain weight. I have heard rumors that so many anti-anxiety/anti-depressenants can do that.. but i also heard cymbalta usually does not cause weight gain. Did anyone have an experience where they still where able to lose weight on cymbalta? I dont understand why not, considering if you decrease your daily calorie intake and exercise the weight should technically be able to come off. I really hope this is this case because i am so dedicated to losing these few extra pounds haha. I really appreciate any information/ reassurance that anyone can offer. Look forward to hearing back!

Thank you!
6 Responses
I meant to entitle the question "Does Cymbalta cause weight gain.. not wait" just letting everyone know im not an idiot im just tired !
It has been known to cause weight gain in some people.Google cymbalta side effects.
1666691 tn?1303757948
I think its possible it might take you a lil bit longer on the cymbalta but you should be able to lose those pounds.lily
1669453 tn?1303550815
hello,
   ive been on cymbalta for about 2 years now and i was on a sucessfull diet when i started it and i continued to lose weight without a problem and still 2yrs later ive personally never had a problem with gaining weight while on cymbalta. i hope this helps t.j
I am a 22 female and I have just switched over to cymbalta. I am in my second week and have gained 10 pounds already... I'm not doing anything out of the regular things I do. I have never put on weight this fast in my life and I am horrified!!! My doctor mentioned nothing about cymbalta causing weight gain but honestly weight gain makes me depressed more than ever so it's a total lose lose situation!!!
I am on cymbabata
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.