Depression Community

Drinking on Anti-Depressants

I'm a 28 year old woman and I have been taking medication for OCD since I was 11 years old.  I've taken all kinds of medications, from Tricyclic to SSRI's to SNRI's.  I do drink alcohol pretty much every weekend.  Are some medications worse to drink with than others?  Specifically, I am about to start taking Cymbalta and want to know the dangers of drinking on it.  I have already tried Effexor and was on it for over a year.  What are the dangers of drinking on Effexor?  Thank you so much!
Hi. I too struggled to find specific information regarding drinking whilst on Effexor. The enclosed leaflet read "Avoid alcohol" without explanation.
From what I understand, alcohol may increase some of the potential side effects of this drug such as nausea, drowsiness, abnormal dreams, clumsiness, disorientation, rapid heart beat etc.
My boyfriend is the manager of a nightclub. I occasionally drank a small amount of alcohol whilst on a low dose of Effexor (37.5mg daily) without problems. Although it should be noted that I wasn't experiencing any side effects anyway, except for slight constipation.
Eloise.