Depression Community

Effexor XR dosage increase

Hello, I have been taking Effexor 75mg for almost 4 years for depression and anxiety for about the last 4 to 6 weeks I have been feeling anxiety at a much higher rate and having actual panic attacks again.  I talked to my Dr. and he advised me to increase the dosage up to 150mg and gave me a twenty pill script for buspirone. I have been on the increased dosage for almost a week now and I have seen no change in the anxiety or panic that I am feeling.  Has anyone else experienced this and can give me any advise?  Thanks.
Hi Bernie, I have been on 150mg Effexor for quite a long time.  When I take myself of it, I get panic attacks and anxiety, but when I go back on not only the depression is under control but I don't get anxiety and panics any more.  Guess I am lucky with this medication.  I know one thing, I will never stop it again.

Looks like you need another chat with a doctor.