A
A
A
Close
Depression Community
10.5k Members
1291855 tn?1272193215

I hate it all...

I'm a 22 yr old female with a 4 month old baby girl. My bf and I are on EBT,Medicaid,and TANF.....I hate it because we can't provided for her like we want to let alone take care of ourselves. It's been so hard trying to find a job here in Las Vegas and because of it we're most likely to get suspended from the TANF(cash assistance) which help getting things for her like daipers and wipes,stuff like that...I'm trying really hard not to just crash in a little corner somewhere and just cry till I can't cry no more but I want to stay strong for her...I really do but I don't know what to do and my bf is so worried about me I don't know what he's thinking...
5 Responses
1042487 tn?1275283499
You should seek external help. Talk to your boyfriend, friends or family.

Therapy and support group is something that could give you a lot of help and support too.

It is very likely that you are suffering from postpartum (PPD) also called postnatal depression. Some people suffer from this depression when they just had a baby.

Other things that could help you is restoring your body's needs back to normal. I cannot explain why postpartum happens but it could be related to some vitamins, amino acids and minerals that are too low in your body.

5-HTP, multi-vitamins/minerals, vitamin B complex, vitamin D and calcium, magnesium and omega-3 could give help you a lot. Herb like St John's Wort is also a natural antidepressant and it could help you too. Healthy diet is extremely important in treating this kind of depression.

M4
480448 tn?1426952138
No one online is capable, or qualified to diagnose a poster in this forum. While the OP very well may be experiencing post partum depression...she needs to be diagnosed by her doctor, and that should be the recommendation.
well is hard every were try 2 take odd jobs babysit someone eles kid do hair don"t no sorr
""No one online is capable, or qualified to diagnose a poster in this forum""  No one made a diagnoses.  But by the time most people go googling for a forum like this they are often fairly bad and desperate.

Well the chances of Post Partum depression are very high.  And you must get help quickly.

I had it, i let it go and from one day to the next I went into psychosis, it is a very dangerous illness if not treated.

It is not to be messed around with - seriously , go for help , it is very treatable and you will see improvement quickly.
1291855 tn?1272193215
when I describe it to my friends and family they all say that it's PPD too and I need to see my OBGYN and talk to him about it
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.