Aa
A
A
A
Close
Depression Community
10.5k Members

I'm confused, please help

I got diagnosed with depression in January and more recently anxiety. I am on tablets and on a waiting list to see a psychologist but unfortunatly it is going to be another few months before I can see anybody. I'm just finding it very hard to cope, I feel as if I'm in a downward spiral. Even with the tablets I still find it very difficult to sleep because I lie awake and worry and I'm still much more emotional than I should be. The tablets for depression worked well for the first month but I've noticed that I'm getting some symptoms back again. My main problem is I think I have very serious trust issues and its ruining my relationship that I am in at the minute. It causes frequent arguments and causes me great distress. Even if I hear that my partner has been in the same room as a girl my body launches into complete terror and panic and I shake, vomit, go cold, feel as if I can't swallow, go clammy, I feel as if I'm going mad and think about suicide or trying to make myself lose conciousness so I don't have to feel the way I do at that moment, my lips go numb and its such a horrible feeling. Although the medication has helped other symptoms the main problem which is this intense fear is still happening. Will I just have to wait until I see my psychologist? Do you think I am suffering from a phobia? I want to understand my condition more so that I can find it easier to fight against. Please help me as I worry (and lie awake and worry) that I am going mad and nothing can be done. I just want to talk to someone professional about it so I can feel like I'm not alone. As a child I witnessed domestic violence often and my mother then tried to divorce my father (whom I was extremely close to) who then commited suicide, I think this may play a part in my intense fear of being left in my relationship and also as I have had troubled relationships before were my paranoia has led to me inadvertingly wrecking the relationship so that it is broken off by the other person. Is there anything I can do apart from wait? Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
1 Responses
242912 tn?1402547092
Hi Rae, I'm so sorry you're suffering so.  Two months to see a psych? Wow!  I would like to encourage you to check out the Borderline Personality Disorder forum.  I think you might be able to relate.  

Best of luck!
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.