Depression Community

Lexapro side effects

My dr recently prescribed me 10mg Lexapro, but I'm worried about taking them because of reading about the side effects. Mainly the weight gain and sexual related issues. Does anyone have any experience with this drug? How common are these side effects? Stories to share? I would like to feel better, not have more issues.
Have you started it yet? You won't know how it will affect you until you get into taking it.  For my personal experience, I wasn't able to take lexapro at all. I had to be prescribed something else.
I know what you mean about wanting to feel better. Fresh air, good company
Healthy food. Good book to read. Try to help others too. That helps me. I work with animal rescue. They bring me kittens. Such sweet darlings. Pamela