Aa
A
A
A
Close
Depression Community
10.5k Members

Lexapro working?

Hi, this is my first post, and I guess I just need some help to understand how or if my medication is working, I have spoken to my doctor and he has suggested that I up my current dosage from 10mg to 20mg of Lexapro. To date I've been on Lexapro for 4 weeks and four days. I can't really claim to have experienced any real relief from my constant mood of depression, which has always swung. I have to be fair being experiencing more prolonged periods of feeling good, but my down turns have become far worse and unbarable, I would love any experiences anyone else has had on how long Lexapro has taken to work for them, the difference between 10mg and 20mg, if it only worked at the 20mg dosage for some people, and what exactly i should be feeling if it is in fact taking effect, because to be frank although I have had two good weekends of late of feeling almost normal I am having terrible times in between.
1 Responses
212753 tn?1275076711
Are you bi polar or just having the depression? It can take up to 6 weeks for your med to get you the full effect. Give it some time but be sure to communicate to your doc how you are feeling .
Let me know how you are.
Love Venora
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.