A
A
A
Close
Depression Community
10.5k Members
17316483 tn?1455602439

Life After Concussions

I have had multiple concussions including a baseball bat to the back of the head, and a really bad snowboard accident causing Post Concussion Syndrome. I am very depressed, and can't get out of this rut. I have not been the same since being hit with the bat. I got these really bad headaches constantly when I had Post Concussion that would take me to the ground, anywhere and at any time that would feel like someone was stabbing me inside my head where my temple was. I am already ADHD and now it's like the longer I go I become more depressed making me a hot head on a short fuse from the smallest things. I broke my orbital wall and clavical along with the concussion from the snowboard accident. I watched the movie "Concussion" and now I am very worrried from all the things I have been looking up. I don't feel like my head processes things the same as normal people and my fight or flight has been flight  most times. Unless I am drinking then I black out really easily which I understand now that I need to completely quit drinking. I have been in a lot of fights and can say with confidence, I have at least 10 noticable concussions in my life with fights and snowboarding. I used to be really nice to everyone and now I can walk away from people from a conversation at the wrong time or I get irritated really easily. I want to learn how to live with this mess I have created before it is too late. I want to build a family and get ahead in life. I have sold home security the last 5 years door to door and I have worked my butt off, but after all the hard work I have put in I feel like I have a disorder with learning things. I don't want to be a loser, and want to make people happy again. I feel like I hurt a lot of people and am not the same person anymore. A lot of things that I have done and am not proud of, were done irrational and/or when I was drunk. I want to change. I have tried digging deep into my childhood and even done self help including, meditation and reading self help books. Meditation only helps my mind for up to an hour then I go back to depressed and self help books, aren't completely sinking in.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.