Depression Community

Medication during Pregnancy

I take Lexapro for depression and anxiety.  It has really helped me tremendously.  I am also diabetic and take Janumet.  I would like to become pregnant soon and was wondering if anyone had experience with Lexapro while pregnant/breastfeeding.  Do you know if it's approved or known safe for pregnancy and breastfeeding?  
I think you will find out more if you ask the pharmacist.  They actually know more about medicines and side effects than doctors do.  I really don't think you can take it while pregnant or breast feeding though.  Best of luck to you and hope you get blessed with a bundle of joy someday.  
It's not recommended for pregnancy. I was put on Effedor XR while pregnant and breastfeeding. I'm sure there would probably be some info on what drugs are safe if you googled it. I was on Zoloft after my first bout of Post Natal Depression and was told that I had to be off that for at least six months before trying to get pregnant. But at that stage my depression wasn't as bad as it is now.
Ok I just googled "Anti-depressants during pregnancy" and here are two addresses for you with some interesting discussion: http://www.****.*** and http://www.****.***. Hope this gives you the info you need, but I would be talking to your GP about it.
I was on Effexor XR and when I told my doctor that I was planning on starting a family soon she told me that only Prozac and Celexa are good anti-depressants to be on while pregnant, but you can't breastfeed while on any anti-depressants.