Aa
A
A
A
Close
Depression Community
10.6k Members

Please Help

I have a brother who took an overdose of antidepressants, who is now in the hospital,he was on a ventilator for a awhile but is now off it. They are keeping him in the hospital for now.  My question is how long does it take for the person to return to normal.
3 Responses
627145 tn?1230309226
That's not usually easy for doctors taking care of the patient to predict, let alone lay people who know nothing of what the patient took or how much he took, or what he may have combined it with.  

I hope he recovers completely and gets the help he needs so he won't do it again.  
695983 tn?1242777724
He might need checks to see if he is mentally well and to see if he needs treatment as to why he did this. I do hope he is ok? And recovers from this but right now he needs the support from family and friends. I wish him well x
709671 tn?1252929332
i hope too that he recovers
just be by his side.....i guess people like us need constant tellng that we are needed and loved
i yearn for hugs n kisses.....give yuor bro many
i am only a 20 yr old...i don't know about all this but i pray for your and his wellbeing
thats all i can do
take loving care
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.