Depression Community

Ritalin for depression

Has anyone got any proof of the efficacy of ritalin for the treatment of treatment resistant depression? I am currently on 40mg of Celexa. I have been taking it for 7 mths with no improvement of my condition. I am hoping that the addition of ritalin may provide relief to this chronic depression.Any input would be greatly received. Thanks
Acually a good question. There is some reports that Ritalin may be benificial for Refractory depression, but the debate on that issue continues, as true effacacy has not yet been proven.

Ritalin does have a mechinism that does help with focus and alertness so I would not be supprised if it was effective for some forms of Depression. To what degree I can't say for sure.

Are you also medication resistant too?