Super depressed by the mean word some people tell me..

So I usually ask yahoo answers for help...which this time I was not thankful for. I needed help with this one question that I CAN'T find in my textbook. I got to responses saying I was lying, that I won't succeed in life, that I'm pathetic for asking a homework question like this. I feel terrible and now can't even study because of what they said...can someone just...idk cheer me up? I try so hard in college and now I'm so stressed with finals I can't take it anymore. Now it can't study because now I feel what those people said to me are true! :..(
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
One thing the internet does is show the real side of people. The person you see when you are face to face is not the person they are when you are not around them. Some people say it brings out the worst in people but, in my opinion, it shows them in their true light. As Rod Serling once said, for civilization to endure, people must remain civilized, and that's what they do.

That being said, there are good people and bad people. You have to take the bad with the good, but then you can just ignore the bad (and there you have the Facts of Life?) :)

Anyway, Yahoo Answers is probably the last place you want to go for anything. There are a lot of "trolls" there that get off on making people miserable. Best to just avoid it and, as others have said, use your local libraries for answers.
Helpful - 0
I don't know where you go to school, but if there's a top-notch university anywhere nearby see if you can get a permit to use it and then use those librarians.  Be persistent, you'd be surprised how much persistence comes in handy in learning.
Helpful - 0
True. True. I actually did this morning, I went to see if my professor was there and he helped me so much. From now on, I think I'll go to them or even like you suggested the librarian. I would have went to the liberian but most students work for it and she's not there most of the time. So I kinda don't think they know much if you know what I mean.
Helpful - 0
Aww thanks that really cheered me up. I love yahoo answers too! But this time I've seen brutal people like this. I thought to myself, they all need a darn happy meal, lol! Thank you though and I hope I do well on my exams too!
Helpful - 0
Ever hear of your college library and its librarian?  They can direct you to actual answers, not made up ones which may or not be useful or correct.  Librarians are wonderful resources, and you can also ask your professors during their office hours.  Textbooks are a starting point once you get to college -- they are overviews.  You will be amazed what other resources are in the library to go further once the textbook has raised your curiosity.  Most people don't learn this unless they go to grad school, so if you learn it now more the better.  And as for the internet, remember, there's good stuff on it and useless stuff on it, and a lot of very angry people who can act out anonymously.  Just ignore them the way you'd ignore any bully.
Helpful - 0
People are just mean!! Don't take what they said to heart!!! ;) Easer said than done, but really don't beat yourself up about it... It's never wrong to ask for help EVER!! I love yahoo answers, but jeez if people react like that why bother. Go to facebook or friends even family. You should get a study buddy!! That could be fun?? :) Smile and take a deep breath and forget about it. Best of luck on your finals and CHEER UP!!! :) :)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Depression Community