Depression Community

Weight Gain

I am currently taking Lexapro 10 mg and have gained a lot of weight.  I also didn't see much improvement being on the drug.    I am going to be coming off of this drug.    Is there a new drug that doesn't put on weight?

Thanks, Dawn
Dawn,

Everybody handles different drugs differently.  There's no sure thing about which will make you gain or loss,  even though they advertise this or that.   But, if you can handle  Wellbutrin- that doesnt make you eat.   (But be careful cause it causes some people to feel wired out).   Also they say Cymbalta doesnt make you gain- however it made me feel Stoned and tired.   So-  that's my experience.