Depression Community

Wellbutrin XL & Weight Loss

Will I gain weight or loss weight by takeing 300mg of Wellbutrin XL a day? I started loseing weight on the wellbutrin SR but he switched me to the XL because he said the SR doesn't go any higher then 200mg... What should I do???
wellbutrin actually will not make you gain weight it may stabilize your weight or lose weight. it depends on the individual. i am on wellbutrin 300 mg and a mood stabilizer and am afraid i will gain weight with the mood med. i am keeping a close eye on all but you are safe with the welllbutrin.
The leaflet that comes with your medication should tell you the likelihood of gaining weight.  You do not gain weight on a lot of anti-depressants.  I have been on many.  Not Wellbutrin, I confess.  Hope you find it suits you.  Effexor is the drug that seems to make many people gain weight.