Wellbutrin XL and seizures

My mother is an epileptic and has had seizures all my life. Because of her I am terrified of having a seizure, they are pretty scary to watch and I am sure to go through. Anyway, my doctor put me on Wellbutrin XL 150 mg.  I have taken it for 3 days and don't feel great but my head is definately a little less cloudy. My question is that if you are going to have a medication induced seizure would it have already happened?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Please don't worry about this, it will consume you.  Did you discuss your fear of a seizure with your prescribing doctor?  He knows which meds are less likely to have this side effect.  Work closely with your doctor regarding this.  I truly understand your concern but with anxiety, worrying like this can become an obcession and you don't need to add to your anxiety.  Know that your mother cannot remember her seizure at all, and is never aware of going thru one.  Are her's now controlled with medication?  You say you don't feel great, so contact your doctor and ask if this is just your body adjusting to the medication.  They need to know how you are feeling, and expect to hear from you with any concerns.  Take care.