Why don't I want to leave my house?

I start a new job tomorrow. I hate the thought of leaving my house. I'm taking meds for depression and anxiety but I'm not sure if they are helping. I'm dreading this so much. Do I not go??
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Go if you can.  Avoiding makes it worse and makes it chronic.  See if once you go you don't feel better, especially once you get absorbed in your job.  You might be developing some level of agoraphobia.  Have you ever tried CBT, a form of therapy?  Might be worth a try.  And if you're getting worse, the meds aren't helping.
Thank you. I ended up not going but am committed to doing something else. I have not tried CBT. I will look it up. I just don't want to live like this anymore.
Ah, I'm sad to hear you didn't go.  I was going to say--  force yourself as once you face that fear, it gets so much better.  Next time, try this.  Forcing yourself to do what you dread can help tremendously because then you see it isn't that bad and you CAN do it.  How long have you been on medication/in therapy??  
I have been on medication for about a year and a half. I'm taking multiple medications. I don't want to leave my house. I don't know what to do.