Depression Community

Zoloft weight gain

I was put on Lexapro and gained about 10 pounds weight and it made me very tired. Then I was switched to a low dose of Zoloft for my mood swings and mild depression. I am some one who watchs my diet, and I exercise 5-6 days a week including 4-to 50 minutes of cadrio as well as work with a personal trainer 2x a week for strenght training. I have never been over weight and have always be active when it comes to physical fitness. I have now gained a total of 15 pounds and I am miserable about it. For a person who works out as hard as I do and really watches my calorie intake and eats healthy I can't budge a pound. Just imagine if I didn't work out. I think I am just one of those people who's metabolism slows down when I am on these medications. I am to the point a frustration so much I would rather be off the medication instead of not being able to fit in my clothes. Any suggestions before I go off the medication?
I don't know your medical history but gained weight on all depression meds till I was put on Wellbutrin. Ask your doc. if it might be all right for you. Good Luck