Aa
A
A
A
Close
Depression Community
10.6k Members

Zoloft

Does anyone have experience with Zoloft? I've tried Celexa, Lexapro- but had significant memory impairment on both. I was on Effexor (75mg) for almost a year, but was too emotionally numb to keep living like that. I had minimal other side effects from the effexor, but it just worked too well! Couldn't have cried if I wanted to. I've read that Zoloft is approved for depression, anxiety, and mild associated OCD- all issues for me. Just wondering if anyone has insight into how terrible the side effects are with it, and how effective it is.
1 Responses
I used to take Paxil which worked very well...loved it.  Like you, I couldn't cry if I wanted to and didn't for an entire year.  I stopped the Paxil (weened off gradually, not easy either) and now just started on Wellbutrin which I love.  You can cry on Wellbutrin too!

Wellbutrin is not an MAOI nor an SSRI, so it doesn't have the weight gain.  From what I have read it tends to have weight loss.  

I took Zoloft a long time ago and became an emotional wreck while I was on it. I believe that each drug works differently for different people.
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.