afraid

recently i feel so scared of death..in a sudden i always think of it every night..even when i alone..i dont know why its happen to me..please help me
This can often be a part of depression but only a psychiatrist would make be able to make a conclusive diagnosis but it would be worth seeing one. If this comes from a traumatic experience or grief or some form of loss it would make sense to see a talk therapist in addition which is a good idea in general.
Sorry to hear your feeling this way.  I know it is hard.  I deal with the fear of dieing everyday.  To the point that I get scared being left alone..its bad. :(     I actually am having a bit of an anxiety attack right now because of health issues that arrived once again.   I wish I could tell you what to do..but I can't.  All I can do is tell you that your not alone.  Best wishes XOXO's
I had an attack a week ago, and felt like I lost control of my mind to fear of death. Its a chemical imbalance and its ok to get treated. Are you on any medicine? I know that I am waiting for Fluoxetine (generic prozac) to get into my system and for the time being, I am taking Clonazepam for major attacks and it calms me down so much! Its ok to take medicine. Maybe bring up Clonazepam to your Dr and see what he thinks?
I've always been very comfortable about death. I see it all the time on the farm and have to put down animals regularly. My mom, however, is paranoid about her health ever since she got really sick and almost bit the big one a few years ago. Now every little headache she gets might be a brain tumour, if you know what I mean. You might want to think back and see if you have experienced this in yourself or someone close to you.

I recently lost my dad to lung cancer. He didn't know he had it because he refused to go to the doctor. He had a tumour in his lungs which burst and he bled to death in his kitchen. My mom (divorced) and I had to clean up the mess the next day. That was really hard for me - even though I'm used to seeing that much blood from butchering cows and such, it's not the same. I have wondered lately if seeing that might have traumatized me, but it seems not. I still do not fear death. As a matter of fact, I have a habit of doing stupid things on purpose that increase my risk of death. I don't know if it's worse being like me or like you:)

You need to ask yourself what it is about death that bothers you - the fact that you will be making a long journey by yourself? Afraid of the dark? The Helplessness? Some people find that going to church actually helps - that faith makes it easier to cope with. It may or may not be for you. It's not for me but it works for some people.

You are reading content posted in the Depression Community