cutting pristiq 50mg in half

Ive been on pristiq a little over 4 weeks.....I went to the pdoc today...told him all my symptoms waking up with anxiety, anxiety in the afternoons for no reason, headaches, extreme tiredness etc....Dr said it sounds like my dose is too high of the pristiq( 50mg) I am very sensitive to these meds and their side effects..I was on effexor xr 37.5mg for  2 years which worked fine( till i became depressed again) , i couldnt go above that since i would become sedated....i am  weary of cutting my pill in half since it says its extended release and i thought you werent suppose to do that, but pristiq doesnt come in a lower dose.......dose anyone have any expereince with this or any comments?
~Kellie
I might be that you can't tolerate this drug, many people have too many issues with SSRI/SNRI drugs. These drugs tend to poop out, especially with other issues going on.
Do you have a pyschiatrist? At this point, I would seriously suggest you get one if you haven't already. Have you had other drugs of this class besides Effexor stop working?
There are other meds out there that can be just as helpful and deal with anxiety. Both Effexor and Cymbalta are known to trigger anxiety. I've also heard of folks have a problem with extended release meds.  Best thing to do is see your doc. I hope this helps.