Depression Community

cymbalta

does it really help?
I have tried it all! Everybody is different. I am on 60mg of Cymbalta. I can't not take it though because it messes me up (if my insurance is messing around etc...) but if youre ready to be consistent, I'd try it.
Namaste,

Cymbalta is an antidepressant in a group of drugs called selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SSNRIs). Cymbalta works by restoring the balance of certain natural substances in the brain (serotonin and norepinephrine), which helps to improve certain mood problems.

Cymbalta is used to treat major depressive disorder and general anxiety disorder. It is also used to treat pain caused by nerve damage in people with diabetes (diabetic neuropathy).

If your provider prescribed it for you he/she must think that it will be beneficial for you and you should take it as prescribed.

Second guessing your provider, which so many people in these forums do, can be at a minimum detrimental to your overall mental health.

"To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle." Confucius

Michael(Jikan)
It works for some, not for others. I gave it a shot and it ended up not working. Others swear by its results. I would try it.
My daughter is on her 11th day of Cymbalta, started at 30 mg forr 6 days then up to 60 mg.  She is noticing some symptoms that she didn't have before starting it, and it has seemed to help her old symptoms slightly.  We will give it another week or so to see how much it will help.  Before that 6 weeks of Celexa did nothing for her.
Cymbalta takes about 4 weeks to really work 100%
It works great!

I am my old self on it!

I forget that I take it as I feel so normal.

And I was bad I mean really bad!