Depression Community

cymbalta?

HI I am going to the doctor on the 13th of june to get on an antidepressant. I have tried effexor&lexipro I am thinking i want to try cymbalta if  any of you have tried it can you please tell me how it worked for you thank you
I am currently taking 60 mg of Cymbalta.  Not really for depression, but for stress and sensory issues.  It totally has helped me handle stress in a normal way.  I also haven't had any panic attacks since being on it.  

Another reason I like Cymbalta.  i have not had any weight gain.  Some meds can make you gain weight.  Though I think meds act differently on different people.  So probably the only way to figure out if it will work for you is to try it out for 6 weeks.  That's what my doctor told me to do.  

Warning about it though... at higher doses, it can make you feel kind of foggy and loopy.  Well, some people it can.  So the dosage level varies by person as well.
thank you for taking the time to answer my question hope you are having a great day!!
I love it, I had a lot of side effects at the start though but they did go away about 3 weeks on I was feeling a lot more positive with more energy and little to no anxiety. i'm on 30mgs, because of how sick I was on it to start with they won't up my dose yet. I lost 6 kilos in two weeks on it but you should eat as much as you can because my body adapted to eating nothing and now the weight is creeping back a little - just because of starving for 3 weeks.