Depression Community

depression medication

I am currently looking for a new depression medication. I need some info on something that is NOT a SSRI, a hormone, and is not zoloft, celexa, or prozac......also something that does not contain salicylic acid aka aspirin. If anyone can help I would appreciate the help. Thank You
Not sure about Wellbutrin. But I couldn't take a whole class of drugs & that's what they gave me.  Natural things help too.  What else have you tried? Pamela
Wellbutrin isn't an SSRI, so you might try that...it's an atypical antidepressant, sort of in a class by itself. There are also SNRI antidepressants such as Cymbalta and Effexor—maybe you could ask your doctor about those?
Please discuss with a doctor, as we should not really advise on medication here.  What suits one person may not suit another.  I have been on many different drugs, and some had bad side effects, and others suited me.  There are many different anti depressants and your doctor will advise as to what they think will suit you.

Explain to them why you do not want to take SSRIs.  SNRIs are the latest meds.