Aa
A
A
A
Close
Depression Community
10.6k Members

depression

i am at the point now that i cannot remember a time when i wasnt depressed. i know i need help but i havent been able to make myself see someone about it, i'm not embarassed or anything, i just dont feel like anyone can help me. but i wish i could talk to someone
1 Responses
Hey, go see a psychiatrist and do it soon.  Some of us have to do this and it sucks but we do.  I wish all of the time that I could be normal and not have to be so depressed but its just who I am for now.  My boyfriend tells me "If you always do what you always did, then you'll always get what you always got".  Do you want to live with what you've got right now?  Go see a doctor, get it over with.  They will give you something that will make you better and you will think, "how did I feel so depressed before, life is great."  That seems far fetched but thats how it is.  Depression makes you feel hopeless, I have felt hopeless all day today and Im on medication.  My doctor hasn't got me stabilized on one yet but I have been in the past.  I am trying to keep my head up and remember that there will be a time when we will be happy again and that there are many others out there that feel just like you do.  I'll help you keep your optimism if you will help me to keep mine.  Lisa
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.