Depression Community

depression

i am at the point now that i cannot remember a time when i wasnt depressed. i know i need help but i havent been able to make myself see someone about it, i'm not embarassed or anything, i just dont feel like anyone can help me. but i wish i could talk to someone
Hey, go see a psychiatrist and do it soon.  Some of us have to do this and it sucks but we do.  I wish all of the time that I could be normal and not have to be so depressed but its just who I am for now.  My boyfriend tells me "If you always do what you always did, then you'll always get what you always got".  Do you want to live with what you've got right now?  Go see a doctor, get it over with.  They will give you something that will make you better and you will think, "how did I feel so depressed before, life is great."  That seems far fetched but thats how it is.  Depression makes you feel hopeless, I have felt hopeless all day today and Im on medication.  My doctor hasn't got me stabilized on one yet but I have been in the past.  I am trying to keep my head up and remember that there will be a time when we will be happy again and that there are many others out there that feel just like you do.  I'll help you keep your optimism if you will help me to keep mine.  Lisa