Aa
A
A
A
Close
Depression Community
10.5k Members

depression

For about the last month i have been suffering from various symptoms , some with no relation to each other at all. First off, me and my boyfriend were living together for a few months then his mom didn't want me staying there anymore so i came back home. While i was living with him i had a job and attended school regularly. Since moving back home i hardly recognize the way i am acting. I have become so lazy, so unmotivated to do anything. All i do is lie in bed all day, just away from everyone. Talking to just my family or being around them makes me so angry. I am missing tonnes of school cause i never go anymore, and i feel as if i am never just chill. I cry like everyday for reasons i cant explain. It is ruining my relationship with my boyfriend, he doesn't know what is wrong with me and worries a lot. I think that if i don't do something soon then he will get sick of me  I get so mad at every little thing that he does too. He doesn't call when he suppose to - i flip. I feel really needy, and its as if i cant control it. I dont want to feel this way ? He goes out somewhere with any girl i like start crying and it ruins my whole day. I cant even concentrate and my blood just starts rushing, heart starts pounding cause i just get so upset. I have been put on anti depressants, but the only thing they are causing me is anxiety and sleepless nights . I have grown accustom to smoking weed, since it has been the only thing that i have found that calms me down out of anything.
I have mental breakdowns which seems to be happening more and more frequently. i have even lost interest in having sex with my boyfriend! I try and think about what interests i even have anymore and i cant think of one, like my whole life has turned blurry. I dont know what to do, i have not attended school for about two weeks now since it has got so bad. I dont know what to do, or where to turn next. Nothing is helping, and as much as I really do want to be motivated to do everyday things i just cant seem to bring myself to do them.
3 Responses
You really need to see your family doctor, it sounds like you have some depression going on. Only a professional can diagnose you, I was like that as a teen it's no fun.
I have spoken to my doctor, and like I said all he has done is put me on anti depressants, and all he keeps trying to drill into my head is how much I need to be at school. Education, education, education. Nothing is getting better, nothing is working.  How do i force myself to do these things. Been in bed now for almost three weeks ....
I can tell you from personal experience, meds on their own won't do the trick. You have on yourself as well. I'm in a support group, and a group to help me retrain my brain.
As for a referral to a psychiatrist, maybe there is a better med out there for you, and talk therapy is so important. Hang in there. Take babystep, get out of bed every single day, have a shower, do 1 think you like. You'll see you will start to feel better :)
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.