Depression Community
10.5k Members
Avatar universal


im 21 yrs old gal.im facing a peculiar problem.i hate crowds,dont like to attain any kind of scial activities.rather i want to stay back home.i evn dont allow my mom or my brother 2 enter my room.my room is always closed.but i realy like to spend time with my best frnd nd my boyfrnd.i dont speak much wth my college mates.im into a dilemma..plz help.i thnk im into depression.shud i consult doctor?
1 Responses
368886 tn?1466238884

I would be interested to know if these problems are new. And there are some other associated symptoms usually seen in depression, such as, loss of interest in activities that used to give pleasure or joy, loss of appetite for food (or too much eating at times), disturbed sleep, feelings of helplessness and some more.

Do you feel scared when you meet people, or is it just that you do not feel like meeting them?

Do you feel better as the day progresses?

I think if you can find answers to these questions, you may be able to decide if you need to consult a doctor in your area.


Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Avatar universal
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.