Depression Community

effexor and cymbalta for moods?

would like to know of well effoxor is for moods.
i went on them 8 yrs ago and had stomach aches. maybe i didn't give them a proper chance.  all i know is that prozac doesn't work anymore and a friend suggested effexor works better.
I hope i have the spelling in effexor right.
my dr. perscribed this again and hope it works.
also if anyone has tried cymbalta and how that works or moods
i was going to try that but decided to wait until my drug plan covers it.

any info would be appreciated and welcomed,
thanks susie22
Effexor is a good choice. I got almost 5 years of total remission from Effexor until it pooped out on me.

Prior to the Effexor I was taking the SSRI Zoloft which worked well for many years but also pooped out on me.

Cymbalta? Eh. Overrated I think. It's an SNRI like Effexor, but I tried it for 8 weeks at a high dosage a couple years ago and it failed to work at all for me. I also know countless people that have failed to respond to Cymbalta, but did fine on Effexor.

In a bare Knuckle brawl, I would give 10 to 1 odds in favor of Effexor VS Cymbalta.

Effexor (Venlafaxine) can be rough to quit or "swap" if that time should ever come, but I will trade 5 years of total remission for the 3 months of Withdrawl I got from it any day.