Depression Community

how safe is symbyax?

My nephew has a diagnosis of PTSD, anxiety and depression and has been advised to start taking symbyax.  He has had adverse reactions to prozac & lithium in the past.  He is living alone in CA, far from his family support in CT.  I m concerned about him taking this new med without anyone but himself to monitor his reaction to it.  Does anyone have current experiences with taking symbyax?  
While I do not have personal experience with this drug I can tell you this drug is a combination drug. It contains Zyprexa (olazepine) and Prozac (fluoxetine).  The Olazepine has possible adverse reactions like insomnia, dizziness, tremors, dry mouth, constipation. Avoid use of alcohol, and smoking.  And Fluoxetine adverse effects can be nervousness, anxiety, insomnia, headache, nausea, diarrhea, dry mouth. There is also a drug to drug interaction with this med with Lithium.  This drug also alters blood glucose levels. So if insulin or oral antidiabetic drugs will need dosage adjustments.  Monitor mood changes, avoid taking in afternoon whenever possible to avoid nervousness and insomnia. Caution about driving and any hazardous activity until the effects are known. Consult a physician when taking any over the counter medications,