Depression Community

medication

I have really bad shakes, nausea, and tinnitus (ear ringing) from medication I take for my thyroid.  My Dr. gave me some depression medication and told me it may supress the symptoms.  It ended up making them worse.  He gave me citalopram.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Adverse reactions can happen with probably any meds. Check this out with your pharmacist now and plan to see your doctor for maybe a new prescription.

M4
It sounds like you need to have your thyroid numbers checked. Your meds may have to be adjusted. This can happen with thyroid disease, your numbers can go up and down and meds need to be adjusted. You might not need the antidepressant after all. Only you and your Dr can decide this though. Remar