Depression Community

weight gain with generic zoloft

Hi there.  I was on regular Zoloft for years for post pardum depression and actually lost weight.  I am 5'6 and usually weigh about 113. Now I have a gut, flab and put on 7 pounds in 2 months from what I believe is because of the generic, not to mention how crappy it is making me feel.  I am going to try and get back onto the original Zoloft. I will keep posting daily when I start if anyone is interested.

I quit taking Zoloft in October. That lasted about a month until I was about to pull my hair out.  I started back on the generic form and it has made me feel worse and has now given me other symptoms stated above. I am going to try and get back on regular Zoloft. After 2 months, if it does not get me back to normal, I am quitting these meds altogether.  It is going to suck but I am going to try. Stay tuned.