Aa
A
A
A
Close
Depression Community
10.5k Members

wellbutrin xl verses wellbutrin sr

hello,i have been on 150 mg wellbutrin 2 x aday for about 1 year,I tried recently the xl version but i got very gripey Aafter about a week on it,it was a bit more of a higher dose 450mg. but seems i was losing weight on the xl and i liked that,but i couldnt go around and bite everyones head off!!So i went back to mt sr 150 2x a day,but now it seems like my left breast hurts,i dont see how this could be related...and does the xl help the sex drive better than the sr,i hope someone might have some info for me,maybe someone has went thru this.Thank you
1 Responses
I have been taking the wellbutrin xl 450mg for an extended period of time.  I wish I had lost weight, it seems like I never  have that side effect, only the weight gain.  As for being "very gripey", I think sometimes the depression can be a cause for that also.  I bite my tongue a lot and just keep quiet rather than say what I am really thinking.  Good luck to you and I hope you find something that will work well for  you. I don't think I have found "the drug" yet, but keep hoping it is out there....
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.