Aa
A
A
A
Close
Depression Community
10.5k Members

zyprexa withdrawl

I was diagnosed with postpartum depression. I have never had any problems with anxiety or depression. I was started on lexapro and had really bad anxiety attacks. My doc stopped that and started me on zoloft and I had the same problem. I was having racing thoughts and anxiety and my heart would race. My doc then put me on Zyprexa  I was on it for a wek and a half and I was slurring my speech and could not finish a single thought and kept having muscle twitches. I stopped taking it but now I am having anxiety worse than I have ever had could this be withdrawl and if so how long can these symptoms persist
1 Responses
It sounds like you were on too high a dose.  When I was really bad with psychotic depression 5mg did me great.  5mg was powerful.  After a few months I was able to go down to 2.5 mg.  I came off it very slowly slicing the pills.  Making a reduction every 10 days or so.  Yes I always felt anxiety mostly around day 3 - 4 bad.  Then lower anxiety for up to 3 weeks, then fine.  I came off it in the end.  I think most peeople need a much lower dose than prescribed.
But you were on it for a very short time.
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.