Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.6k Members

Condoxyl Treatment

I am a 23 year old male and was diagnosed with warts in my perianal are two weeks ago.  Last week I started using Condoxyl three days a week and then rest for four days.  After the first three days the warts are gone and it looks like there were never warts before.  I have an appointment with the dermatologist in two weeks.  Should I stop treatment in the area because I can't see the warts anymore or is that too quick for the warts to have disappeared even with treatment?  I know that a healthy immune system can usually clear the virus in a few months or years, but recurrences are normal.  If I do have a recurrence will they be just as bad as the first outbreak or do they lessen over time?

Lastly should I get checked for anal cancer? My dermatologist said that it is nothing to worry about since the warts weren't that bad and that warts usually don't cause anal cancer?
2 Responses
Your derm is right- and too much application is not good either,you immunity being good do not worry about recurrences.
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
I agree with your dermatologist. Anal warts  are small warts that can occur in the rectum.They are cauliflower-like protuberances and are usually symptomless.They are spread through direct skin-to-skin contact during oral, genital, or anal sex with an infected partner.

For small warts that affect only the skin around the anus, several medications(like podophyllum resin, Podofilox (Condylox), Trichloroacetic and bichloroacetic acids, Imiquimod 5% cream and interferons) are available, which can be applied directly to the surface of the warts.It seems that you had small warts only.So need not worry about them.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions