54k Members

getting rid of acne and getting rid of the scaring spots from pimples

DOes anyone know of any good creams or facewash soaps that are good for keeping away ance and also something that helps heal and limi the scaring from popped pimples? Or should I just go see a dermatologist about the spots from old pimples?
I think the Neutrogena products work really well and you see it working in a day or two. For my face I like to use the Oil-Free Acne Wash grapefruit foaming scrub. You use it twice a day and they have a good everyday lotion that you can use or sometimes I use a maximum strentgh Hyfrocortisone Cream from the dollar store or the drug store. It's not too greasy and it helps to dry out and heal the acne faster. The Clear Pore cleanser/mask is also good for a deep cleansing mask once a week.

If you have body acne, Neutrogena also has a body scrub that works the same. As far as the scaring, I use a cocoa butter stick along with everything else and a good lotion.

Hope this helps.