2"+ sore on inner thigh causing severe pain -- PLEASE HELP.

I was a bit confused as to where to put this, but I believe I have finally found the right place.

Alright, I came to this site looking for help, on a particular problem I seem to be having in my inner thigh area (specifically on my right inner thigh, about half way between my groin and my knee). I have this swollen-type area that's about two to two and a half inches in diameter, about half an inch tall, sensitive to touch, very red, inflamed, and swollen, but doesn't appear to be an abscess, because it lacks puss in the middle, or a scab at all -- I might add, at this point, that I am experiencing severe pain due to it, to where I can barely move my legs around, and it's been making walking difficult.

I would  very much like to know what is wrong with me... And if there are any quick (or not-so-quick) fixes for this over the counter, or some things around the house I could use to cure it. I would appreciate a swift reply, as I am in a lot of pain at the moment, and would prefer not to go to have to go to the hospital. I would be very uncomfortable with any other person (other than my boyfriend/husband/significant other) seeing my inner thigh; I am a very private person. So, if you could help, I would be very grateful.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
"minewelt"

P.S. - If you have any questions regarding my problem, feel free to ask.
From the symptoms the possibilities of an abscess and cellulitis needs to be evaluated. Trauma, raised blood sugar levels and varicose veins ( clear in your case) are some of the precipitating factors for cellulitis. Treatment of cellulitis is antibiotics, oral as well as injectables antibiotics.

I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.